Disclaimer: Removing sand from any of Bermuda’s beaches without a permit is illegal. Collect sand lawfully either by obtaining a permit or purchasing bottled Bermuda sand from local souvenir shops.
Before you begin any of these do-it-yourself projects, make sure you rinse sand thoroughly to remove any salt or impurities.
What you will need:
- Fishbowl vase
- Conch shell
- Three pale pink roses (big blooms if possible)
- Pink sand
- Six votive candles in colourless glass holders
- Fill the fishbowl halfway with water.
- Cover the bottom of the fishbowl with a couple of handfuls of pink sand.
- Place the conch shell in the centre of the fishbowl.
- Place the roses so that they look as though they are blooming from the opening of the conch shell. Secure with oasis if necessary. The tops of the roses should sit above the water a couple of inches.
- Cover the outside of all six glass votive candleholders with pink sand, and arrange in two groups of three on either side of the fishbowl vase.